The relevant visa for the UK is known as the Tourist visa. As it states on the UK Government website, you are qualified to apply for a Tourist visa to visit UK in case you’re 16 or over and you are:
- Ready to demonstrate that you are genuine visitors and wish to visit the UK for no more than six months.
- Having sufficient funds to maintain and accommodate you without assistance from UK public funds.
- From a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Here is list of the ‘DOs and DON’Ts you need to remember the while applying for UK tourist visa.
Let Us Go Through Some Do’s:
- Do prepare everything well in advance, particularly the necessary official documents. You may need to order original copies of documents, or your birth certificate, and these can often take a while to arrive.
- DO calculate carefully how much money your period of tour in the UK will cost. Remember to factor living costs, accommodation, food and travel. You will need to have money for 6 months of living expenses in a bank account ready for your use.
- DO put enough cash in a bank account at least 1 month before you settle your visa application. The cash must stay in the account and the balance must not go below your required living costs total for the entire 28 days.
- DO arrange to have a Tuberculosis test on the off chance that you live in a nation where one is required to apply for a UK Visa.
- Do fill up your visa application form carefully with every single exact detail and Bring along all forms and supporting documents for submitting your visa application form.
- DO submit your visa application at least 15 working days before your departure date. Make sure you know about any public holidays in your home country or the UK that may delay your visa application.
- DO be knowledgeable about your arranged visit, and be prepared to answer questions about the subject and reason for the visit– you will probably be interviewed about what you are planning to visit and why. The more prepared you are, the more confident you will be in this interview.
Let us go through some Don’ts:
- DON’T lie by avoiding the truth. You may end up banned from the UK for ten years, and missing out of the UK degree programmer you have worked so hard for if you do.
- DON’T write a letter to explain why you don’t have a particular document or the finances in a bank account as detailed above, and expect to be granted your visa anyway.
- DON’T show false documents for your visa.
- DON’T cover up or distort certainties in your visa application.
- Do not use photographs for your visa application that have been chopped down from bigger pictures.
Our expert team at ukvisa.ae has a wealth of experience helping prospective international travelers apply for UK Tourist visas. We’ve had Tourists whose visas have been delayed or even refused, just because they’ve made some basic mistakes during the process, and we definitely do not want that to happen to you.
We hope our advice is helpful to you. If you feel that you need more support with the process or you have any questions for us please feel free to contact us.